Welcome to a #cookingwithkatie post! One thing you will soon learn about me is that I love food, and one of my favorite hobbies is cooking. I love putting healthier spins on classic dishes and finding new recipes to try, and now I’m excited to share some of my favorites with all of you!
This Greek Quinoa Salad is one of my go-to’s when I need something fast, healthy, and delicious. One of the greatest things about this dish is that the protein comes from the quinoa so there’s no need to add meat if you don’t want to so it’s perfect for a #meatlessmonday meal! It’s also great for leftovers, or an easy lunch to take to work since there’s no need for reheating. So without further ado, here’s one of your new favorite recipes!
Greek Quinoa Salad
(feel free to cut in half if you don’t want left overs!)
What you’ll need:
1 cup quinoa
½ cup pearled couscous
1 tbsp. EVOO
1 cucumber, diced (I like to take out the seeds, but that’s up to you!)
2 medium tomatoes, diced ( I ditch the seeds and fleshy center here, too)
Feta or fresh mozzarella, crumbled
What to do:
1. Combine quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 12 minutes.
2. Combine pearled couscous, 1 ¾ cups water, and 1 tbsp. EVOO in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 13 minutes (or until tender), uncovered, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the cooked quinoa and couscous to a large bowl along with the diced cucumber and tomatoes and feta/mozzarella and mix together.
4. Stir in about ½ cup of Greek dressing, adding more as needed to coat the salad
5. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. You might need to add a little more dressing as it will soak in while in the fridge
How to Enjoy:
This dish is completely customizable. You can easily add your favorite fresh veggies or grilled chicken to make this meal your own! Let us know how yours turns out in the comments below, or tag us in your post on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram @totalrowfitness and use our hashtag! And stay tuned for our next #cookingwithkatie post!
So How do I Join the fun?
At Total Row, you will have access to fun, high-quality classes on world-class equipment, taught by some of the best instructors in the Atlanta area. We are excited to spread the word on rowing’s numerous benefits, and hope to see you in one of our soon!
Ready to take your first, COMPLEMENTARY class???
Not ready to commit? That’s OK, but how about joining our Mailing List for great, relevant information that won’t clog your inbox.